Apply for the Food Pantry Coordinator job today! Please click here for details: Food Pantry Coordinator
Our generous donors are the lifeblood of the food pantry, enabling us to provide this form of support to the food-insecure. Our volunteers are church members, local businesses, Scout Troops, local school students, families, chambers of commerce, and many other generous, caring community members and organizations.
The Mission of the First Presbyterian Church of Metuchen Food Pantry is to:
- Provide healthy food in a dignified way, to those in need in the Metuchen/Edison area, without regard to race, color, religion, age, handicap, sex or national origin
- Strengthen the community while providing individuals/groups with the ability to serve others through volunteering time and/or giving food or monetary donations
- Educate clients and the public of additional programs and issues of hunger in the area
The Food Pantry operates as a component of a comprehensive path for dependent or needy families and individuals as they become more financially stable or move toward complete independence.
Want to be notified by email of urgent food pantry needs? Fill out this form!
Food Pantry Shopping List
- Parmalat Milk (goes the fastest)
- Juice (Plastic bottles/canned)
- Peanut Butter
- Pancake Mix (mix with water)
- Maple Syrup
- Cold Cereal
- Hot Cereal
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Canned Soup
- Spaghetti Sauce (canned or plastic)
- Fruits and Vegetables (canned or plastic)
- Canned Meats (tuna, turkey, chicken, ham, spam, etc)
- Canned Pasta (Spaghetti O’s, ravioli, etc)
- Canned Meals (stews, chili, etc)
- Mashed Potato Mix
- Granola Bars/Pop Tarts
- Coffee/Tea Bags/Hot Chocolate
As of June 23, we are currently running low on milk, drinks, canned meat (chicken or stew), mac & cheese, rice, instant mashed potatoes, pancake mix, syrup and pudding.
Click the image below for a handy shopping list you can print and use when purchasing items. Click here to download your handy list today! 2017 Food Pantry Shopping List