Who are the Presbyterian Women?
Presbyterian Women (PW) is a churchwide organization whose membership is open to all women of the Presbyterian Church (USA) who choose to participate in or be supportive of PW in any way. PW intentionally seeks membership of women from all racial ethnic groups so that the organization reflects a vision of the whole church as a community of mutual interdependence in which diversity contributes to wholeness.
PW gives strong support to the mission of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and determines its own leadership program and budget.
Purpose of the Presbyterian Women
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ,
And empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study,
To support the mission of the church worldwide,
To work for justice and peace,
To build an inclusive, caring community of women
That strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA)
And witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Activities of the Presbyterian Women
- Women’s Bible Studies/Moms on Monday (click here for more information on Adult Bible Studies)
- Rummage Sale (spring and fall)/Metuchen Country Fair/Holly Fair
- Rummage Sale Date: Friday, April 20 from 5-9 PM & Saturday, 4/21 from 9 AM to 3 PM (Donations accepted April 16-19 from 9 AM to 8 PM
- Funeral Receptions
- Sewing Bees for Community
- Nursery School Smocks
- Various Gatherings Involving the Community and Our Congregation
To learn more about our activities and missions, and to become involved, please email the Presbyterian Women. You may also contact Nancy Kipnis or Lois Crespy. All are welcome!