Sunday School @ Home!
We will provide to you age appropriate Sunday school lessons each week so you can work with your children. The lessons include activities, crafts and questions that will help your children grow in learning the scripture lesson.
FPC You Tube Programs
Click here to view the virtual VBS video links on the FPC Facebook page.
Click on the links below to view our latest children’s ministry programs on the FPC You Tube Channel:
- Chef Dan and his kids, Kelly and Chris are in the church kitchen! They have the quarantine bug and want to share some menu ideas that are easy for families to make together. We are so blessed that he is showing us the tutorial AND providing the recipes! Click to download the recipes. Click here to view the cooking show.
- A Sheep’s story by the Presbyterian Puppeteer : Greg
- Presbyterian Puppeteers perform on Patience
- Easter Story – Jesus is Risen – as read by Victoria Pennix
- Mrs. Day & the Butterfly Song
- The Story of Noah’s Ark read by our Sunday School Teacher, Ms. Veronica
Resources for Parents
This Page Is Dedicated To Providing Resources To Assist Parents With Communicating Difficult Topics To Their School-Aged Children.
(Due to the Coronavirus and shelter in place mandate, classes are temporarily halted.)
A key element in our ministry of nurture is the Sunday morning Church School with classes for children 2 years old through adults. From September through June:
- 2 years through 4th grade meet during worship, 9:45 AM – 10:30 AM
- 5th through High School, as well as an adult study, meet before worship, 8:30 AM to 9:15 AM
- Click here to Register for Sunday School and the Music Programs
Vacation Bible School
We invite children entering kindergarten through 6th grade to participate in VBS programming. Those in 7th and 8th graders who are children of church-member families may register for our youth leader training class, with members of our youth group serving as youth leaders. There are plenty of opportunities for adult volunteers as well, many choosing to help with VBS planning and preparation, and many choosing to help during the week. Registration will begin on Sunday, May 6th. VBS 2020 dates are June 29 to July 2, 2020. The theme will be the “Great Bible Reef.” Click here to register for VBS.
We offer an active, growing children’s ministry that welcomes children of all ages. From Sunday School to youth group to children’s vocal and handbell choirs to fellowship opportunities, there is something for every family at First Presbyterian Church. All are welcome!
For devotional readings and activities you can do at home with your kids and teens, please see our Devotionals Page.
Easter Sunday watercolors. The children enjoyed painting their watercolor Cross on canvas.
Jesus is Risen! He is risen indeed!
Class Schedule and Location
Class Times 8:30-9:15 AM
- 5th, 6th & 7th Grades – Room 210
- Confirmation Class (8th Grade) – Library (8:20-9:20 AM)
- Senior High 9th-12th – Room 201
- Adult Bible Study – Room 106
Worship Hour 9:45-10:30 AM
- 2 year olds – Room 209
- 3 & 4 year olds – Room 208
- K through 1st Grade – Room 108
- 2nd Grade – Room 205
- 3rd and 4th Grade – Room 204
Christian Education 10:45 AM
Supervised child care is offered Sunday mornings from 9 AM to noon for babies and toddlers.
Children’s Fellowship Groups
Have fun in Junior Club
- First Friday Club (Grades K-2) – Enjoy pizza, drinks, games and crafts. Meets the first Friday of each month, October – May 6-7:15 PM
- Junior Club (Grades 3-6) – Pizza, games and fun for all. Meets 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, October – May, 5:30 – 6:30 PM.
Community Nursery School
Church sponsored nursery school provides quality education for children 2 1/2 to 5 years old. Half day programs: 2, 3, and 5 days a week. Click here for more information about Community Nursery School.
Christmas Pageant Play
Every year over 100 children and adults participate in our Christmas Play. Children and youth from age 4 up to 12th Grade are welcome to be part of this new Christmas Pageant. We also will need volunteers to make this happen.
Camp Johnsonburg is a Presbyterian Camp located in Northern New Jersey. Presbyterian Women and our Deacons offer a Scholarship to Children and Youth of the First Presbyterian Church each summer. All information including the Camp Johnsonburg Summer Schedule of Events/Activities as well as to register are available through the Camp Johnsonburg website: www.campjburg.org.
Children’s Vocal and Handbell Choirs
Please click here to learn more about our Children’s Vocal and Handbell Choirs.
Just For Fun Fellowship
Would you like to join FPC members and other fun-loving people for monthly, informal get togethers? We’re starting a casual group (no tasks, no minutes) that will meet up once or twice a month to have a meal, go to an event/movie/ theater, take a hike, or just hang out. In today’s busy and socially disconnected world, we’d like to take time to meet people and just enjoy life together. No commitments. No fees. Just for fun!
If you have questions or want to know more about the Just for Fun group, contact: