Helping your children and your family develop in faith together is an important component of our ministry. We encourage you to join us in worship together, either online at Facebook.com or in-person.
We also know it’s important for our young friends to have access to messages specific to them and we encourage you to share our Children’s Ministry videos with your children both midweek and on the weekend. You can access them on our YouTube page.
We also invite you to sign up for our family e-blast from the DCE, Nancy Leardi. Sign up by clicking here: FPC Family News Sign Up. Join the FPC Metuchen Sunday School Group page by clicking here: FPC SS Page Sign Up. or the FPC VBS Group by clicking here: FPC VBS Sign Up.
Last but not least, register your children today by clicking here: FPC SS Registration Form
FPC You Tube Programs
Click here to view the virtual VBS video links on the FPC Facebook page.
Click on the links below to view our latest children’s ministry programs on the FPC You Tube Channel:
- Chef Dan and his kids, Kelly and Chris are in the church kitchen! They have the quarantine bug and want to share some menu ideas that are easy for families to make together. We are so blessed that he is showing us the tutorial AND providing the recipes! Click to download the recipes. Click here to view the cooking show.
- A Sheep’s story by the Presbyterian Puppeteer : Greg
- Presbyterian Puppeteers perform on Patience
- Easter Story – Jesus is Risen – as read by Victoria Pennix
- Mrs. Day & the Butterfly Song
- The Story of Noah’s Ark read by our Sunday School Teacher, Ms. Veronica
Resources for Parents
This Page Is Dedicated To Providing Resources To Assist Parents With Communicating Difficult Topics To Their School-Aged Children.
Vacation Bible School
Our annual Vacation Bible School welcomes children from our congregation and throughout the community for a week of fun, fellowship, and valuable lessons from the Bible that can last a lifetime.
VBS 2021: Workshop of Wonder
We invite children entering kindergarten through 6th grade to participate in VBS programming. There are plenty of opportunities for youth and adult volunteers. We encourage your help with VBS planning and preparation, or to help during the week. Register today! VBS 2021 dates are June 28 to July 1, 2021. 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday to Thursday.
We offer an active, growing children’s ministry that welcomes children of all ages. From Sunday School to youth group to children’s vocal and handbell choirs to fellowship opportunities, there is something for every family at First Presbyterian Church. All are welcome!
For devotional readings and activities you can do at home with your kids and teens, please see our Devotionals Page.
Easter Sunday watercolors. The children enjoyed painting their watercolor Cross on canvas.
Jesus is Risen! He is risen indeed!
Class Schedule and Location
Class Times 8:30-9:15 AM
- 5th, 6th & 7th Grades – Room 210
- Confirmation Class (8th Grade) – Library (8:20-9:20 AM)
- Senior High 9th-12th – Room 201
- Adult Bible Study – Room 106
Worship Hour 9:45-10:30 AM
- 2 year olds – Room 209
- 3 & 4 year olds – Room 208
- K through 1st Grade – Room 108
- 2nd Grade – Room 205
- 3rd and 4th Grade – Room 204
Christian Education 10:45 AM
Supervised child care is offered Sunday mornings from 9 AM to noon for babies and toddlers.
Children’s Fellowship Groups
Have fun in Junior Club
- Songs and Games (formerly First Friday) Club is now meeting on Tuesdays from 4:00 – 4:30 PM in the tenant. It is open to children from 4 years old through 2nd grade.
- Junior Club (Grades 3-6) – Pizza, games and fun for all. Meets 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, October – May, 5:30 – 6:30 PM.
Community Nursery School
Church sponsored nursery school provides quality education for children 2 1/2 to 5 years old. Half day programs: 2, 3, and 5 days a week. Click here for more information about Community Nursery School.
Christmas Pageant Play
Every year over 100 children and adults participate in our Christmas Play. Children and youth from age 4 up to 12th Grade are welcome to be part of this new Christmas Pageant. We also will need volunteers to make this happen.
Camp Johnsonburg is a Presbyterian Camp located in Northern New Jersey. All information including the Camp Johnsonburg Summer Schedule of Events/Activities as well as to register are available through the Camp Johnsonburg website: www.campjburg.org.
Children’s Vocal and Handbell Choirs
Please click here to learn more about our Children’s Vocal and Handbell Choirs.
Just For Fun Fellowship
Would you like to join FPC members and other fun-loving people for monthly, informal get togethers? We’re starting a casual group (no tasks, no minutes) that will meet up once or twice a month to have a meal, go to an event/movie/ theater, take a hike, or just hang out. In today’s busy and socially disconnected world, we’d like to take time to meet people and just enjoy life together. No commitments. No fees. Just for fun!
If you have questions or want to know more about the Just for Fun group, contact: