Helping your children and family develop in faith together is an important component of our ministry. We encourage you to join us in worship together, either online at Facebook.com or in-person. During in-person worship we offer:
- Nursery care: 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Sunday school for two-year-olds to 4th grade: 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (during worship)
We have an active, growing children’s ministry that welcomes children of all ages. From Sunday School to youth group to children’s vocal and handbell choirs to fellowship opportunities, there’s something for every family at First Presbyterian Church. All are welcome! To get involved, contact Nancy Leardi, Director of Christian Education.
Because it’s important for our young friends to have access to messages specific to them, we encourage you to share our Children’s Ministry videos with your children. You can access them on our YouTube page. We invite you to sign up for our Family News e-blast from Nancy Leardi by clicking here: FPC Family News Sign Up. Join the following groups for ongoing events and updates:
- FPC Metuchen Sunday Facebook School Group click here: FPC SS FB Page Sign Up
- FPC Vacation Bible School (VBS) Facebook Group click here: FPC VBS FB Page Sign Up.
- Register your children in Sunday School or Youth Group click here: FPC SS Registration Form
- Sunday School & Youth Group Registration QR Code:
Sunday School Class Schedule
All classes meet in the Education Building. Those classes before worship include:
- 5th, 6th & 7th Grades: 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Confirmation Class (8th – 9th Grades): Time TBA
- Senior High Class: 1st Sunday of the month – Time TBA
Those classes during worship, and following Children’s Time include two-year-olds to 4th grade from 9:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Children/Youth Fellowship Groups
- First Tuesday (children four-year-olds - 2nd grade) - 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the Library.
- Junior Club (grades 3 – 6) – Games and fun for all. Meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, October – May, from 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. in Room 105-106 of the Education Building.
Children’s Vocal and Handbell Choirs
We offer a variety of opportunities for children to participate in our excellent music program. Please click here to learn about our Children’s Vocal and Handbell Choirs.
FPC You Tube Programs
Click here to view the virtual VBS video links on the FPC Facebook page. Click on the links below to view our latest children’s ministry programs on the FPC You Tube Channel:
- “A Sheep’s Story” by the Presbyterian Puppeteer, Greg
- Presbyterian Puppeteers perform on Patience
- Day & the Butterfly Song
- “The Story of Noah’s Ark” read by our Sunday School Teacher, Ms. Veronica
- “Binkle’s Time to Fly” read by Marni Yannaconne
Vacation Bible School
Our annual Vacation Bible School (VBS) welcomes children from our congregation and throughout the community for a week of fun, fellowship and valuable lessons from the Bible that can last a lifetime.
VBS 2022: June 27 - July 1
We invite children entering kindergarten through 6th grade to participate in VBS programming. There are plenty of opportunities for youth and adult volunteers.
This ministry includes students in 6th – 12th grades with adult leadership, meets monthly during the year to prepare their skits. Our extensive puppet ministry has a collection of over 25 puppets with costumes and props. The puppet team presents to the Sunday School during chapel time and worship.
Want to volunteer for this ministry? Contact Nancy Leardi: , (732) 491-2264 or Kat Davis:
For devotional readings and activities you can do at home with your kids and teens, please see our Devotionals Page.
Our Sunday School children are learning what it means to give back and to be cheerful givers. Their special children’s offering allows them to support our World Vision child, Kentine, from Burundi, Africa and give her a better, more promising future.
For over five years we have watched Kentine’s growth. She’s now 11 years old and a 3rd grader. Because of our support, Kentine receives extra help though reading and writing workshops and gets a hygiene kit with essentials like soap, shampoo, toothbrush, and toothpaste. Kentine tells us that she feels special when she can celebrate with others on her birthday, but most of all, she enjoys leaning how to respect, care for, and protect other children.
We welcome children in Sunday worship before they leave to attend their Sunday School programs. The Children’s Time message is their special time in the service.
Pastor Garry Leading Children’s Time.
Community Nursery School
Our church-sponsored nursery school provides quality education for children ages two and half to six-year-olds. Half-day programs are available two, three, and five days a week. Click here for more information about Community Nursery School.
Christmas Pageant Play
Every year over 100 children and adults participate in our Christmas Pageant. Children and youth from age 4 to 12th grade are welcome to participate. We also welcome volunteers to work behind the scenes.
Camp Johnsonburg is a Presbyterian Camp located in Northern New Jersey. All information including the Camp Johnsonburg Summer Schedule of Events/Activities and registration are available through the Camp Johnsonburg website: www.campjburg.org.