Board of Deacons
“Persons of spiritual character, honest repute, of exemplary lives, brotherly and sisterly love, warm sympathies, and sound judgment should be chosen for this office.” (from the Book of Order, 2011/2013, G-2.0201). For information about deacon ministries, contact Moderator Cathy Ostermueller at .
- We are a ministry of caring, a ministry of love, a ministry of compassion, and a ministry of prayer.
- Deacons intentionally share the love of Jesus Christ to the church and the community.
- We bring the personal love of Christ to those suffering loss, hospitalization, loneliness and hunger; and we offer tangible support to those in challenging situations.
Commitments & Initiatives
- Bringing fellowship and comfort to those in need of companionship.
Home visits, cards and caring, flower delivery, hospital and assisted living visits.
- Welcoming and serving the community at large.
Community and food pantry garden.
- Advocating, giving, nurturing.
Food pantry, advent angels, immigrant and refugee aid, child sponsorship, helping hands.
- Living a spiritual life.
Faithful attendance at worship, serving the sacrament of communion, participation in church programs and activities.
- Community & Food Pantry Garden: Manages the 16 plots that are leased to interested members of the community.
- Elder Care: Nurtures and supports members of our congregation who are shut-in or unable to gather because of illness.
- Food Pantry: Supports the FPC Food Pantry.
- Healthy Homebound: In-personal visits and sending cards.
- Helping Hands: Assists elderly or infirmed members of FPC with light household tasks and rides to church.
- Special Events: Supports FPC events.
- Youth Deacons: Assists FPC Youth Ministry.