Happy PW's 125th!
Presbyterian Women (PW) is a church-wide organization whose membership is open to all women of the Presbyterian Church (USA) who choose to participate in or be supportive of PW in any way. PW intentionally seeks membership for women of all racial and ethnic groups so that the organization reflects a vision of the whole church as a community of mutual interdependence in which diversity contributes to wholeness.
PW gives strong support to the mission of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and determines its own leadership program and budget.
Purpose of the Presbyterian Women
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ,
And empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study,
To support the mission of the church worldwide,
To work for justice and peace,
To build an inclusive, caring community of women
That strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA)
And witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Activities for the Presbyterian Women
We have a number of activities throughout the year for mission, fellowship and service including:
- Women’s Bible Studies (click here for more information on Adult Bible Studies)
- Rummage Sale (October 20 & 21, 2023) | Holly Fair (December 2, 2023)
- Funeral Receptions
- Sewing Bees for Community Projects
- Moms on Monday (TBA)
- Various Gatherings Involving the Community and Our Congregation
To learn more about our activities and missions and to become involved, please contact Deb Teall at . All are welcome!
Within the pages of this study, Olive Mahabir, the author, invites you to consider Jesus and Jesus’ disciples who shared the Good News through sacred encounters with everyday people.
The Gospel According to Luke and the Acts of the Apostles, or Luke-Acts, will demonstrate the unfolding of God’s redemptive purposes in human history through the person and work of Jesus Christ. His “sacred encounters” with ordinary folk can help us understand the importance and impact of our interactions with others. Can we learn to share the transformative love he represents?
Zoom Link: Horizons Bible Study Zoom Link
- Introduction – “Sacred Encounters”
- Lesson 1 – Elizabeth's Sacred Encounter | Lesson 2 – The Exorcism in Gerasa
- Lesson 3 – A Bleeding Woman Encounters Christ | Lesson 4 – Mary and Martha Encounter Jesus
- Lesson 5 – A Person with Leprosy Encounters Jesus | Lesson 6 – A Person with a Physical Disability Encounters Jesus
- Lesson 7 – An Ethiopian Eunuch Encounters the Good News of Jesus | Lesson 8 – Lydia Encounters Jesus in Worship
- Lesson 9 – People Encounter Jesus Through the Work of the Disciples
Presbyterian Young Women
The Presbyterian Young Women meet for fellowship, fun, mission events and more at various times during the year. This group ranges in age from 14 to 18. Ideas for their meetings? Contact Nancy Leardi at or call (732) 491-2264.