Happy PW's 125th!
Presbyterian Women (PW) is a church-wide organization whose membership is open to all women of the Presbyterian Church (USA) who choose to participate in or be supportive of PW in any way. PW intentionally seeks membership for women of all racial and ethnic groups so that the organization reflects a vision of the whole church as a community of mutual interdependence in which diversity contributes to wholeness.
PW gives strong support to the mission of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and determines its own leadership program and budget.
Purpose of the Presbyterian Women
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ,
And empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves
To nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study,
To support the mission of the church worldwide,
To work for justice and peace,
To build an inclusive, caring community of women
That strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA)
And witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
Activities for the Presbyterian Women
We have a number of activities throughout the year for mission, fellowship and service including:
- Women’s Bible Studies (click here for more information on Adult Bible Studies)
- Rummage Sale (October 14 & 15, 2022) | Holly Fair (December 3, 2022)
- Funeral Receptions
- Sewing Bees for Community Projects
- Moms on Monday (TBA)
- Various Gatherings Involving the Community and Our Congregation
To learn more about our activities and missions and to become involved, please contact Deb Teall at . All are welcome!
In the nine lessons of this Bible study - with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke and Acts - we'll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God's intent for all of creation and that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God's plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Zoom Link: Horizons Bible Study Zoom Link
- Introduction – “Celebrating Sabbath”
- Lesson 1 – Sabbath and Celebration | Lesson 2 – Sabbath and Creation
- Lesson 3 – Sabbath and Sunday | Lesson 4 – Sabbath and Surrender
- Lesson 5 – Sabbath and Servitude | Lesson 6 – Sabbath and Hospitality
- Lesson 7 – Sabbath and Self-Care | Lesson 8 – Sabbath and Justice
- Lesson 9 – Sabbath and Community
Presbyterian Young Women
The Presbyterian Young Women meet for fellowship, fun, mission events and more at various times during the year. This group ranges in age from 14 to 18. Ideas for their meetings? Contact Nancy Leardi at or call (732) 491-2264.
PYW December 2021
The Presbyterian Young Women had a terrific time on a Sunday creating jewelry for family gift giving. They enjoyed pizza, music and fellowship.